Friday 11 February 2011

Mummy Time = Training

Yesterday I decided to run the Race For Life which is organized by Cancer Research UK and is typically a female road race although men to participate. I am passionate about Research into Cancer as my Fathers Dad died following a long struggle with Cancer and I have lost friends to the disease as well and I do believe there is a cure out there for it or at least better treatments with less side effects than what is currently on the table.
I will be posting my sponsorship link here in case anyone who reads this blog wants to follow my training and sponsor me for the event, I already have 2 friends willing to do the event with me and a 3rd that is a possibility
Im going to train to run the event but depending on how my knees cope with the training ( first run is planned for tonight ) then i might end up walking the 5km with EJ in the wrap sling. 
There is more than one reason behind my desire to do the Race For Life, 1) I need and want to improve my overall health and fitness, 2) In memory of my Grandad and to raise funds for Cancer research worldwide. 3) caus its a challenge and im always up for a challenge

I do hope you will follow my progress and help with fundraising if you can afford to and I look forward to updating you all about how its going.

Lynni

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So that's what you've been doing! Awesome! good luck on the race! ^_^