Thursday 17 February 2011

Friends aye, what would life be without them

Man i really love my friends, they are awesome and when i do let go enough to tell them whats going on then they are always without fail there to support me, I guess i should open up more sometimes and let them see all the good and not so much of the bad in my life. I really am so Thankful for all my friends around the world ( yes i have friends on every continent except Antarctica currently but who knows one of my friends husbands might get a job there and they might move there one day) I sometimes wouldnt get through the week without my M8's caus with Family so far away and the 13 hr time difference plus of course they have their lives to run and sort out then I do really need my friends some days.
With this holiday back to NZ then ive been thinking of how things there will have changed and trying to prepare myself. My Nana ,God rest her soul, Passed away when I was pregnant with Nathaniel in fact i found out she was gone when I called my Mum to tell her that she was going to become a Grandma herself, I miss Nana and really really dont know how I will react seeing my Grandad and not seeing her. Before I left NZ I tried to go visit her at the home as much as i could around work and we got close so i really dont know how i will react, ( somehow im crying while typing this , just thinking about her makes me cry ) caus i guess with being pregnant i held myself together so much i never really mourned her passing at all then life got in the way after Nate was born and its been a rollercoaster ride since.
Also Chch has had a MAJOR earthquake just in case you slept through September and missed the news and they have had sizable aftershocks as recently as Feb 10th they had a 4.0 and the most recent was Wed 16th a 2.5 measurement. so that understandably has affected the city and the way things look and how i remember them being wont nessacarily be how they are now.
Also my family has changed, the adults not so much but my younger siblings ( including the sister getting married ) have all grown up by 6 years and are so different now to the sisters and brother I remember leaving behind me. Thankfully through Skype and the internet I have had video calls and of course long telephone conversations with family over the years and seen photos of them pretty frequently but that isnt going to change how it will feel to have my little brother ( i last saw him when he was 8 yrs old ) almost as tall if not taller than me and a teenager no less !!
Im really looking forward to the trip and meeting my Nephew for the first time and seeing my bestie friend and meeting her little boys and husband ( she didnt even know of him when i left now they are married with a darling son ) and catching up with all my other friends, thankfully my sisters wedding is a good way to do this as everyone basicly is coming to that and will be there and it will be easier than going to all their houses in the time we have. im gonna finish off here caus i really should be packing, i just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to everyone of my friends whos been there for me

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i hope you have a great time when you go over it sounds like it will be quite emotional for you though you are strong i know you will be great x

Anonymous said...

Thank you for being a good friend too, you're a good person to all x