Saturday 28 April 2012

A Picture a day 

Today Saturday 28th April 2012
This little man is 
 3 years, 10 months, 3 days, 12 hours, 11 minutes, 12 seconds old in this photo

He was curled up on my sofa watching the Gruffalo's child which we recorded to the Sky box at Christmas time. He insists on watching it even though it scares him every time and he ends up curled up under my Arctic Wolf blanket on the sofa with his fingers in his mouth periodically hiding his head under the blanket.
Some days I dont know where the time has gone since his birth. I re-read my birth story yesterday the whole ordeal of what we went through with him when he was born with his Jaundice needing special photo-therapy lights and coming so close to a blood transfusion for him.
It reminded me of the emotional rollercoaster that happened that night less than 24 hours after the  blessing of his birth to the panic and fear of the unknown that I had wheeling him down to the SCBU and the relief after talking to the doctor the next morning finding out what the issues actually were and what the plan was for treatment, then the endless day/night/day/night cycle of 3 hourly feeds meaning trips back and forth to the SCBU and the pumping room to get milk for him. Sitting up in the SCBU in the middle of the night to feed him worrying and praying over him.
His first week was one of the scariest of my lifetime, My world was all contained in one little boy I barely noticed Mike and my mother coming and going from the hospital visiting us.
Thankfully God was with me and brought us both home safely after just a week in hospital and though over the following 3yrs this Little man has had us back at the hospital a few times, very recently only 10 days ago we were up at a&e in the night getting his breathing checked out as he had managed to get me worried.

I wouldnt change a moment of it though, through all the tears and tantrums there have been many more smiles and giggles and laughs with Nathaniel and we are so blessed to have him as a part of our lives. 
I have plenty to do to organize his upcoming 4th birthday party, He wants a Pirate Party as his favorite show atm is Jake and the Neverland Pirates on the Disney Junior channel
So i have a treasure chest birthday cake to prepare and lots of plastic gold coins and pirate decorations to buy, Just waiting on confirmation of our venue then its full steam ahead.

I wonder what Tomorrows Photo will have me talking about.....