Sunday 3 April 2011

Mothers Day 2011

Mothers Day 2011

March 3rd 2011 and I have been a Mother of 2 for 1 year 1week and 1 day, and Mother to my eldest son Nathaniel for 2 years 9 months 1 week and 2 days. and to be completely honest it seems like yesterday that I was telling Michael that it was simply not possible for me to be pregnant and he was wasting his money buying a pregnancy test for me, and yet I was expecting our darling firstborn son and we were extremely excited about it too. Then to find out only a week following Nathaniel's First birthday that we were expecting again this time with Elliott our darling second born who has just a week and a day ago celebrated his First birthday then our joy cannot at the moment be more complete. Im a very proud Mummy to my darling Sons and extremely grateful to have been blessed with them as they are such sweet children even in their more challenging moments they find a way to make me smile.

This morning I woke to Elliott alerting me to the fact he was hungry and wanted nursing and when Mike went to get him from his cot and free'ed Nathaniel then my darling Firstborn came and climbed into our bed and said a very nice "Good morning Mummy" in his happy cheerful way that starts every day off with a smile, Mike had vanished downstairs and reappeared with a box of chocolates and a lovely card that contained Vouchers for different things from the dishes and drying up being done ( obviously to be redeemed using Michaels services not the boys since they cant reach the sink yet) to promises of a period of peace and quiet from the boys and ones for Hugs,Kisses and the like...
Of course on sight of the Chocolates then I had 2 boys trying to convince me to share so I split one between the 2 of them and then played hide and seek in the duvet with Elliott while Nathaniel enlisted Mike's help in his morning routine before Mike taking the boys down to make them breakfast.
I got a chance to check my emails and spend some time at the table with the boys while they waited for their breakfast with Nathaniel periodically getting up on the table to point out the balloons still hanging over the window from Elliott's birthday party last weekend. 


Michael cleaned up the downstairs whilst the boys and I ate all the while monitoring the boys behaviour and helping Nate with his newfound potty skills and the boys have been happily playing both inside and out in the garden for the remainder of the morning so far.


Mothers Day 2011 has been lovely so far and I look forward to see what the rest of the day holds, If the weather continues like it is then a trip to the playground might be in order later this afternoon. For the moment I am going to log off and spend Mothers day with the people who love me most.

No comments: